A young entrepreneur.
A new technology.
All the temptations to make bad decisions.
In the series of on the startup SidePocket, we explored the challenges posed by organizational governance, the authority wielded by investors. Our central character, Vinny, walks away from a company that was unable to make a decision and forms a new company, SidePocket, that will be under his leadership. He guides it to success but in the process has to face choices that have no obvious or unequivocally good answers. He builds a profitable firm but in the process, alienates his closest friend, reluctantly accepts guidance he would prefer to ignore and decides to sell the firm against the wishes of his board.
A series that makes you feel the problems of organization governance and appreciate the issues at stake.
- Vinny, CEO of SidePocket – Geoffrey Grier
- Molly, of G&P Capital – Caraid O’Brien
- Carl, Partner of G&P Capital – Josh LaForce
- Max, friend of Florian – Jake Minevich
- Jessie, the first CEO – Sahara Ale
- Karen from CalFed- Debbon Ayer
- San, Thomas, and Rick – Ron Bianchi
- Kurt and a different Rick – Noah Masur
- Dennis and Julio – Jake Minevich
- Violet, Director of Marketting – Margaux Amie
- Maddie the Entrepreneur – Zoe Anastassiou
Podcast: Play in new window | Download